RCC Co-Pastor Position Opening
About Rushville Church of Christ
Rushville Church of Christ (RCC) is a Church in the west central Illinois town of Rushville located in Schuyler County. Our mission is to Love God, Love Others & Serve the World by sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and teaching those who receive Christ to follow Him. Our Church has experienced significant growth over the past six years and has over 200 people who call the Church home. We are currently a single pastor Church with a vibrant children’s and small group ministry. Our average demographic age is late 30’s with good representation in the younger and older generations. We are ready to take the next step as a Church and are looking for a Co-Pastor to join in the ministry and vision God has given RCC.
Rushville Church of Christ Co-Pastor
Co-pastor will work alongside church leadership to shepherd and to implement the mission and vision of the church. Specifically, the co-pastor will have direct oversight of the Outreach and Discipleship ministries of the church, including small groups. Outreach ministry includes, but is not limited to, identifying and contacting new attendees, visiting current, non-attending members, and visiting shut-in or ill members and attendees of the congregation. The goal of the discipleship ministry and small group ministry is to equip and empower church members to serve in the outreach and discipleship ministries, as well as to build relationships among the body of believers at RCC. Other duties may include, but are not limited to, teaching Bible study, preaching, attending church functions, and other administrative duties.
The ideal candidate is someone with significant pastoral leadership skill, as well as life experience. The goal is to bring experience and maturity to the position while maintaining energy and excitement for ministry.
The ideal candidate should meet the qualifications listed below:
- Exhibit a strong Christian faith that is nurtured by prayer, Bible study, and self-discipline.
- Meet the biblical qualification for elders as outlined in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1 & 1 Peter 5.
- Be able to preach and teach effectively.
- Have experience in church ministries including any or all of these: visitation, evangelism,
counseling, current outreach strategies, discipleship, administration.
- Be gifted in building relationships through home visits, encouragement, and pastoral
- Practice a biblical attitude towards authority and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate confidentiality, tact, and good judgment.
- Work in an organized and efficient manner.
- Must be available/flexible to meet the varying needs of the congregation.
To apply, please email your resume, a cover letter and three ministry references to: email@example.com
Rushville is located in West Central Illinois, approximately 45 miles Northeast of Jacksonville, 60 miles Northwest of Springfield, 60 miles East of Quincy, 75 miles Southwest of Peoria, and 215 miles Southwest of Chicago. Rushville is also approximately 10 miles from the Illinois River. The population as of 2016 was 2920 people. The population of Schuyler County is 7032.
Rushville Demographic Data: citydata.com/rushvilleil
Rushville, IL City Website: rushvilleillinois.us