Thank-you for your interest in serving with Rushville Church of Christ!
We are an independent Restoration Movement Christian Church in West Central Illinois.
Find our statements of belief and doctrine here:
As Rushville Church of Christ grows, the need for additional ministers has become evident. We have seen many new families and young people become part of the faith community. We need loving, Godly people in place to walk with them in their relationship with Christ as they grow in Him.
The full-time Worship & Connections Minister will work alongside the RCC Worship, Audio-Visual and Administrative teams at the direction of the Lead Pastor and Church Elders to lead the body in the worship of God through our Lord Jesus Christ. In addition, this minister will work to provide opportunities for growth and discipleship so that members and participants in the Church can take the next step in their connection to Jesus and the congregation. All this would be done with the mission of the Gospel in mind through partnership with the Church.
Position Characteristics Overview:
The ideal candidate is someone with an authentic love of Jesus Christ and people, gifts in music ministry, skills in audio-video ministry and an ability to organize/administrate within the Church. The goal is to follow a personal call of God in the role while helping to love, lead and serve Christ’s Church.
- Own an authentic Christian faith that is nurtured by prayer, educated by the Bible, and dedicated to Jesus.
- Meet the Biblical qualifications for elders as outlined in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1 and 1 Peter 5.
- Practice a Biblical attitude towards authority and conflict resolution. (Hebrews 13:17, Matthew 18:15-17)
- Demonstrate confidentiality, tact, and good judgment in serving others.
- Exhibit organization and efficiency within Church administrative systems.
- Be able to utilize the 21st Century methods that people use to connect with each other and to the Church. (i.e. Computer Technology and Social Media)
- Lead worship in singing at RCC gatherings with the Worship Team.
- Steer the spiritual and structural direction of RCC worship gatherings.
- Perform duties of volunteer scheduling for the Worship, Audio-Visual, and Connection teams.
- Oversee Worship Team activities including song selection, keying, and team logistical operations.
- Collaborate with the Worship Coordinator to empower, encourage and equip Worship Team members.
- Oversee the Worship, Audio-Visual, and Connection team’s member onboarding process.
- Schedule and facilitate Worship, Audio-Visual and Connection team meetings as needed.
- Structure, direct and lead RCC’s small group ministry.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in monitoring the spiritual direction, connection, and development of the people we serve.
- Degree or equivalent coursework from a doctrinally similar Bible College or Christian University.
- Positive and fruitful experience leading worship in the Church congregational setting.
- 1-4 years ministry experience at a Church serving 200 people would be advantageous.
- Small Town or Rural Ministry experience would be useful.
Send reply with cover letter, resume, and ministry references to:
RCC Lead Pastor Jason Triplett. Email: email@example.com.